If children should feel safe anywhere, it is in the family home. Most of us are fortunate enough to have grown up with loving and supportive parents who care for and nurture us as we develop into adults. Sadly, there are many children who do not experience such a warm environment and who suffer child abuse at home, by the people who should care for them most.

How we can help

In situations where a child is abused by parents, guardians or carers, and harm (whether physical or psychological harm) is caused as a result, there is a possibility of making a civil compensation claim against the parents. Where a claim against parents or guardians is not suitable, it may be possible to claim against social services. See our page on social services abuse and neglect claims for more information.

We understand that potential claimants can find it difficult to come to terms with the abuse they suffered. It can also be difficult to come to terms with the idea of making a claim against a person you loved and trusted.

Cleversons expert solicitors can advise you on a potential compensation claim against parents, guardians or foster parents. If a claim is possible, we can arrange for you to see a medical expert and, where recommended, we can arrange access to counselling.

When instructing Cleversons, you can be confident that you are working with specialist solicitors who will support and guide you through the entire process, from start to finish. We will work with you confidentially and in a way that is sensitive to your needs and we will do everything possible to make the process as simple as we can.

We work on a no win, no fee basis, meaning there are no upfront legal costs and that you are exposed to minimal financial risk should the claim be unsuccessful.

Reach out to us